Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Show Goes On

Today, I finished the last of my grad school applications. Tomorrow, I celebrate by taking a trip up to Andorra to visit a few friends and ski fresh powder in the Pyrenees.

I've been in Barcelona for a little over four months and I'm wondering where the time went. I think I've accomplished a fair amount so far, most importantly gaining the respect of the department heads. When I started out at the hospital, they were pretty skeptical (as was I) as to what my purpose would be. Now, they are sometimes worried if I don't show up. The secretaries are my favorite, as we often tell jokes (mainly at my expense) and chat about the hots and nots of barca-life.

The next few months here will be pretty exciting. Most of my research travel is around Feb-March so I can finish my papers in April-May. Aside from that, I'll be gone at least 2 weekends a month until June.

It's been awhile since I spoke with some of you…just know I think about my friends and family back home a lot. But also know I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

One of my friends suggested doing a year-in-review through your Facebook posts. My status on September 28, 2009: "Barcelona was amazing…I'm going to live there one day"




No comments:

Post a Comment