Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

I think I celebrated Thanksgiving 4 times last week, but I do have a lot to be thankful for. My brother and I used to joke that everytime we come home to our parents house, we automatically gain 5 pounds. My mom will cook anything and everything we want, and we, of course, stuff our faces with it. Not because we don't eat well on a regular basis...there's just something about home cooking...

I arrived to beautiful NC just in time for my dad's birthday. The surprise visit managed to stay a surprise until the end. My parents were happy and sad to see me at the same time. I kinda understood this, I guess. They got used to life without me for the past 3 months, and now, they would have to start all over again. Precious.

I was able to see most of my friends throughout the week and into the weekend. Mrs. Lockwood moved our traditional pre-Christman meatball night to Thanksgiving weekend because I was in town...yeah, that's love. I got to enjoy a little peace of fall...a tailgate, football saturday, and a bar-b-que.

My parents also decided on their trip to Europe. They're planning to take about 2 months and go just about everywhere. They are taking me along to Sevilla, Cordoba, Grenada, Morrocco, Egypt, and Saudia Arabia with them. While awesome, that adds a little fuel to me getting all my research done in time so I may enjoy all the gallavanting.

Sadly, one thing I have taken for granted was heat. While my roommates are awesome and I love living in Gotico, my apartment has no heat. My feet are perpetually cold, and I contend that it is the worst feeling ever.

Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment